NON-ACADEMIC ON-LINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
WELCOME to the College of the Canyons online application system. We’re pleased that you are considering applying for a position with us.
Password is case sensitive. Please note your user ID and password for future reference. You may return to this site at any time to view and update your information, check the status of your application(s) and upload required documents.
All information entered becomes part of your official application for employment should you choose to complete one or more applications for open positions. Falsifying information in your profile, on the application itself or in any application materials may be grounds for a District decision not to hire or to terminate employment, if hired.
After you complete the log-in process you will:
- Create a profile which can be used to apply for positions now and in the future. Be sure to complete all sections of your profile.
- Select a position to apply for. Be sure to read the complete job announcement(s) for the position(s) you are applying for. Complete all sections of the application and upload all required documents.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to read and understand the complete job announcement(s) for all positions applied for. The job announcements contain instructions regarding additional documents required to complete your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completing the Application
- Fill out the application completely. You may submit additional materials or add supplemental sheets if more space is needed by attaching the documents to your application electronically. All required supplemental application materials must be attached to your online application by the review date listed on the job announcement.
- For consideration in the selection process, you must submit an online district application and any other materials required for the specific opening, if any. (See job announcement.) If you are applying for more than one position, you must attach your application profile to each position you are applying for.
- All statements made in the application must be true and correct to the best of your knowledge. Any false statements may be cause for rejection of your application or dismissal from employment, if hired.
- Avoid any reference to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or sexual orientation as these factors will not be considered in the hiring process.
- The application is used as part of the screening process and should represent your best effort.
- Hiring committees review all complete application packets for candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
- Please note: Skills evaluation of candidates for interview may be required.
- Travel and relocation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Positions are offered contingent on funding. We reserve the right to withdraw, extend the filing date, reopen, or delay filling any position. Recruitment may continue until the position is filled. Recruitment is subject to close without notice.
- Offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. Fingerprinting, pre-employment physical, TB test and a criminal background check will be conducted upon offer of employment. If you have any questions regarding applications, screening or selection processes please contact the Human Resources Department at (661)362-3427.
College of the Canyons is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Santa Clarita Community College District (College of the Canyons) does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Human Resources office directly at (661)362-3427.